Region: South Sudan
Location: This position is based in Juba
Reports To: Regional Finance Manager and is matrix managed by the South Sudan Country Director
Closing Date: Tuesday 24th January, 2012
3 year contract with possibility of extension
The salary range for this role will be US$40–51,000 per annum depending on experience. This is an unaccompanied position and an extensive expat benefits package will be available.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter detailing your salary requirements and quoting reference RE019 email@example.com
Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan aims to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalized with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively http://plan-international.org/about-plan/how-we-work/strategy
In Plan South Sudan, these programs involve a large capacity development element since it’s a recovering post war economy with limited infrastructure and short of skilled labour.
A full time international Country Finance Manager is required for not less than 3 years to implement the Plan South Sudan financial action plan and solidify the financial processes and systems in the Country Office and Program Units to enable South Sudan to deliver on its program strategy and accountabilities to children, communities and donors.
Dimensions of Role:
The position manages 3 staff in the Country Finance Department
The Country Finance Manager leads the financial services provided within Plan South Sudan which has an annual budget of approximately € 7million.
Member of the Country Management Team
Signatory on Country office and Program Unit bank accounts
Approver of financial transactions up to €100,000 or as varied by the prevailing financial authorisation matrix
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
Oversight and development of an excellent and high performing finance team within the country
Recruiting, developing and retaining finance staff from the local labour market
Establishing and beginning to implement, development and training plans for all finance staff
Leading regular meetings of finance team members including those at the Program Unit.
Ensuring performance management of all finance staff occurs in line with the global standard
Grants financial reporting and record keeping are thorough, well maintained and accurate
Establishing complete grants budgets which include cost recovery of staff costs and support services
Accurate maintenance of grants expenditure records including supporting documentation which is approved by the appropriate authority
Review of financial reporting prepared for submission to donors to ensure it is accurate and on time
Maintaining close monitoring of advances to partners, expenditure reporting by partners and complete supporting documentation
Plan South Sudan management and teams are supported by effective financial services, financial information and advice
Support the Country Director in preparation of funding requests and communicating other business plans to the regional office
Report program unit and country office results against budget, other key financial measures to the Country Management Team including advising on issues highlighted by the financials and recommendations to address these
Support payroll, regulatory returns and tax compliance as required
Provide efficient purchasing and payment services to Plan South Sudan staff
Ensure financial due diligence of partners is completed as part of partner assessment processes
Budgeting and planning is based on excellent and timely financial data
Organise and control the annual budget and quarterly re-forecasting processes including communicating instructions, meeting deadlines
Consolidate and review country operational budgets
Financial reporting and cash management is accurate and compliant with established policies and procedures
Manage the general ledger and cash management processes including cash forecasting
Prepare flow charts for key financial processes
Develop and Implement the Finance and Operations Book 2012 in Plan South Sudan (which is still work in progress)
Updating of the financial authorisation matrix and obtaining the approval of the Country Director at least annually and more frequently if required
Ensure finance related audit actions are implemented and alternative actions taken as required to address weaknesses in financial controls and procedures identified in finance and other forms of audit reports
Dealing with Problems:
The role manages in a matrix management relationship and is him/herself managed in this way. This places a requirement for the development of excellent working relationships and communication that is greater than in more regular management relationships
The role requires the ability to analyse data, qualitative indicators and reported issues to determine key risks, adverse trends and the appropriate corrective measures
An ability to arbitrate between parties and to find solutions to difficult financial issues in an evolving development/emergency context is necessary
Sudden emergency situations are not unusual in South Sudan the post holder must be ready to support the financial management of response programs
The post holder approves financial transactions and contracts up to €100,000 or as varied by the prevailing financial authorisation matrix
Communications and Working Relationships:
Reports to the Country Director as well as to the Regional Finance manager.
Provides financial services and business advice to the Country Director and CMT
Manages the performance of Country Finance staff jointly with the Country Director and maintains regular communications and good working relationships with Country Director in order to achieve this
Member of the Regional Finance Team network
Regular participation in national INGO finance networks
Responsible for country level liaison with the external auditors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Professional Financial/Accounting qualification (CPA or equivalent)
Knowledge of the sector and the financial management issues specific to it an advantage
Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, Control standards and the reporting requirements of major international grant donors
Proven effective management skills leading teams across several sites and operating in a multi-cultural and matrix management structure
Excellent proven financial analytical skills
Ability to demonstrate and foster in team members a strong commitment to meeting the needs of other employees and managers for financial services
Good written and spoken English is also an advantage.
Proficient in Microsoft office packages and with general ledger, grants tracking and PPM systems
Striving for high performance across the team and for Plan’s business
Strategic thinking and innovation – fining efficiencies in the use of resources
Decision making and risk management – identification and action on financial risk management in line with compliance requirements
Influence and communication – able to communicate concerns to managers and teams
Building effective teams and partnerships – with teams and suppliers
Developing people – leaving a legacy of a locally able team
Self awareness and resilience – operating in a highly volatile and developing context
Physical Environment and Demands:
The position is based at the country office which is a typical office environment although it is situated in a country of extreme hardship.
It requires travel to program unit operations, which may account for up to 25% of working time.
Program unit visits may be to locations which are remote, provide rudimentary facilities or be physically challenging in other ways.
Reference and background checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy.
Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community.
Country Finance Manager - South Sudan
Region: South Sudan
My Blog List
WASH Project Engineer , World Vision International (Rwanda) - WASH Project Engineer World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 15 Di...1 day ago
Market Intelligence Analyst - International Post Corporation - About the International Post Corporation International Post Corporation (IPC) is the leading service provider of the global postal industry that provides l...4 days ago
- ► 2016
- ► 2015
- ► 2014
- ► 2013
01/15 - 01/22
- Civil Society/Media Specialists, Anti-Corruption P...
- Program Manager HIV SolidarMed Mozambique
- Program Director: World Vision Somalia
- African Eco-Labelling Mechanism - Executive Manage...
- Public health expert or epidemiologist as health p...
- Computer Systems Analyst - NIC TANZANIA
- Mail Exchange and Office Automation Specialist
- Principal Legal Officer - Commercial Affairs
- Principal Legal Officer - Business Support
- Legal Manager - Risk and Business Support
- Operations Manager - FINTRAC
- Fintrac - Agronomists and Field Manager
- Driver - Save the Children
- Finance Assistant - Save the Children Tanzania
- Marketing Manager - KCB Bank Tanzania
- Procurement Manager - KCB Bank Tanzania
- BANK OF TANZANIA JOBS JAN 2012
- Treasury Officer for Resource Modelling P-3
- Assistant Scientist - Plant Breeding
- Senior Specialist - Information Architecture and D...
- Finance/Administrative Officer Level (Grade): P4
- Regional Coordinator
- Database Expert International Law Institute-Africa...
- Tanzania Volunteer Manager
- Development of a User’s Guide and a Note on Measur...
- Geographical Information System (GIS) Associate, U...
- South Africa - IELTS examiner
- Ethiopia - PEP Project Co-ordinator
- Director - Flight Operations RwandAir
- Programme leader Hivos East Africa
- Content Development Assistant CABI - Nairobi, Ken...
- Finance and Administration Assistant CABI – Nairo...
- Business Manager Central Africa – BES
- Financial Controller – East Africa
- Program Technology Officer
- Corporate Finance Manager Deloitte East Africa
- Managing Director National Bank of Kenya
- Equity Group Foundation Vacancies
- Compliance Officer East Africa Pharmaceuticals
- Advertising and Communications Manager - KCB BANK
- KCB BANK - Brand Manager, Communications & Sponsor...
- Brand Manager, Personal Banking - KCB BANK
- Area Manager, Food Security.
- General Motors East Africa Vacancies Jan 2012
- Procurement Officer (Kisumu)
- Stores Officer (Kisumu)
- Vacancies in the Judges and Magistrate Vetting Boa...
- KCB Bank Tanzania Employment Opportunities Jan 201...
- NBC - Manager: modeling, data analysis and MI and ...
- Human Resources Analyst, UNOCHA KENYA
- ACTED Programme Manager Wash - South Sudan
- Area Coordinator ACTED South Sudan
- Programme Assistant Amnesty , Africa
- Mozambique HIV Project Manager
- COUNTRY DIRECTOR MAG Sudan
- Programme Manager Ethiopia
- Field Location Manager War Child Southern Sudan
- Country Funding Coordinator – Ethiopia Addis Ababa...
- Base Manager - Handicap International Sud Soudan
- Project Manager Education Norwegian Refugee Counci...
- Tanzania - Civil Society/Media Specialists, Anti-C...
- BANK OF UGANDA VACANCIES JAN 2012
- Outgrowers Supervisor Kakira Sugar
- Outgrowers Supervisor (Cane Inspection) Outgrowers...
- Electrical Supervisor – Shift Kakira Sugar
- Pharmacy In-Charge (Kakira Hospital)
- Supervisor – Painting (Civil Maintenance)
- Line Shift Manager Crown Beverages Limited (CBL)
- Housing Officer Kakira Sugar
- 2012-2013 Fellowships (health) Global Health Corp...
- HEAD, POLICY ANALYSIS AND DEVELOPMENT DIVISION BA...
- TANAPA EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES JAN 2012
- Manager: Expnasion Study
- Superintendent HME Planning and Contracts Integrat...
- 2012 - Graduate Program - IS&T Business Analyst
- General Manager - Facilities Establishment
- MSP Manager - Operations Manager / French & Englis...
- Creative Services Manager
- March Employment Opportunities Tanzania
- COOPI Kenya - Regional Representative for the dece...
- Administrateur des projets - Bukavu
- Chef de Projet ECHO Goma
- Chef de Projet WASH - Maluku
- COOPI - SUDAN DARFUR - Project Manager Food Securi...
- Program Director Relief International Upper Nile S...
- Camp Manager Upper Nile State, South Sudan
- Community Service Coordinator Relief International...
- Relief International Logistic and Warehouse Manage...
- Malaria Consortium Uganda Project Epidemiologist –...
- MSI Chief of Party, Health Governance, Kenya
- MSI Chief of Party, Local Governance, Uganda
- Malaria Consortium Uganda Regional Finance Officer...
- Freedom House Senior Program Officer - East and Ho...
- Roads Maintenance and Improvement Consultants, Jub...
- Administrative Assistant - Registry&Housing (Re-ad...
- Civilian Police Specialist (DPF post)
- Senior Adviser (N1), Somalia Programme Ministry of...
- Senior Adviser, Somaliland Fund Ministry of Foreig...
- Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, Uganda ACDI/VOC...
- Country Programme Adviser Grade: P5
- ▼ 01/15 - 01/22
- ► 2011
- PSLE-2014 EXAMINATION RESULTS - Matokeo Darasa la Saba 2014
- MATOKEO YA KIDATO CHA NNE 2013 - CSEE 2013 EXAMINATION RESULTS
- Matokeo ya kidato cha nne 2014 - CSEE 2014 EXAMINATION RESULTS
- Tanzania Cotton Board Jobs Jan 2013
- JOBS IN TANZANIA , MTWARA AT DANGOTE - JAN 2015
- FORM II RESULTS 2014 - Matokeo ya Mtihani wa Kidato cha Pili 2014
- NAFASI ZA KAZI UHAMIAJI
- CRDB Bank Employment Opportunities
- TIGO JOBS SEPTEMBER 2013
- World Vision Tanzania Jobs